Monday 9 July 2012

The Coffee Collective



If I was a cup of coffee, at the Coffee Collective, then I would be one of those coffees that was born in a house of nurture and patience.  I would be strong minded and sure about myself, because I would have been raised by confident and competent hands. If I was to drink that coffee, then I would be forced to pay attention, and nurture the experience in turn, thus giving that cup of coffee and its story, the time it demands of me to be listened to.
It's not just a matter of making a buck and churning those coffees out. It's not just about yelling orders across the  bar and finding some flakey half icecream sticks used to stir the coffee because the customers may just steal the spoons. No, this is about the coffee.  This is about the experience and this is about the atmosphere. It is worth the little walk around the back streets to find this place in the culturally extensive part of Copenhagen.  This lovely little shop is simplistic with a hidden little back room that houses even more tables.  The coffee is great and so it should. On the shelves you can see the many barista championship trophees won throughout the years, and there is a lovely laid back attitude in the café.  These guys know what they are doing, and the coffee is an experience, a story and a time spent well away from the rest of the world. Find the Coffee Collective here:
Jægersborggade 10, 2200 København, Danmark
Vis stort kort

No comments:

Been there? Done that? Got a thought to share about it?